Thursday, June 04, 2020

Oh the love of junking...

June 4, 2020

You know besides a great garage sale what my favorite thing to do is for free? Junk!  The great thing about living in Kalamazoo is that they do periodic clean up days where you can throw anything out and it will  disappear!  I've been junking since I was young.  Growing up in metro Detroit when you no longer wanted an item, you would just toss it to the curb where someone would pick it up possibly on trash day.  Truly one person's trash is another's treasure.  Today I found pure joy in finding 4 pots of pansies, 2 shutters, a chair, and two bright blue chairs.  I threw them in my front to create a front yard oasis.  Part of the appeal of our neighborhood is the amount of walkers that our neighborhood has.  It was a nice change of scenery tonight to pull Chris out and just chill.

I had a pretty active day.  Did my usual zoom workout and then met up with my friend Shannon for a walk.  Prior to COVID, I saw her every day Monday - Friday.  Not seeing her for almost 3 months was awful.  I chatted with her the other day and I asked her if she wanted to walk and she was game.  While we were on the trail we ran into another gym friend and it felt terrific to meet up.  It's like our crew is almost back together again. That family feel gets me to the gym everyday faithfully.  Next Monday they are having workouts at the park so I'm looking forward to that.  I'm ready!

Today I went into the clinic and got to learn the program a tad more.  It actually makes since that I have been eating wrong essentially my whole life.  They are going to have me eat more veggies/fruits and simple starches.  So far I'm down 5.8 in water weight since Tuesday.  I felt I was retaining water....now I know!  It will be different pushing a ton of veggies and fruit but this is the time of year to do so since everything is in season.

241/235.2/170

No comments: