Sunday, June 28, 2020

Geocaching today!

June 28, 2020
Great weekend!  We went out geocaching today at Yankee Springs.  Chris and I haven't been there since 2005? 2006? So we decided to do some hiking, geocaching, and biking out there today.  We had an absolute blast.  The cache's were unique and Ian had a blast finding the caches.  We hiked about 3 miles and biked about 6 so not a bad day at all.  I appreciate that there's shade and it's a tad cooler out of the sun.
We have been doing more geocaching as Chris picked up a new GPS when we were supposed to be in Europe so at least we are making some use out of it.  I can't wait to show Ian some mountains.  He would love it.  They are still going on Weblo's camping coming up so he may get some experience there in August but we will see.  Any exposure to elevation, Ian is on it.  If we didn't have Covid times, I would so have him into some climbing.

Things are doing great with the weightloss.  I'm digging the variety as I'm actually eating fresh fruit now.  I am totally addicted to fresh cherries.  The Washington cherries from Costco are perfectly ripe and juice.  I look forward to my fruit time! Tonight we are having some dinner with our friends who are professors at Western.  She is Chinese some dumplings are coming my way!  I have it computed how many I can have so I'm mindful to not over do it.  She knew that Ian loves her dumplings as when he was last hanging with his friend, he asked her if she could make him some.  She's like "come on over for dinner some Sunday!" and so after biking yesterday, she invited us.  Ian has known them since he's been 1.5 so it's nice to watch their kids and Ian grow up together.  The little girl has such a crush on Ian.  It's adorable.  Also it's nice that we can maintain the relationship even through they are in different school districts. 

I'm having some non scale victories and I'm enjoying it.  I slid on a dress I last wore for my birthday and it looks terrific.  I can zip it up with no issues!  Woot Woot though I have no place to wear it. 
240/228.8/170

No comments: