Wednesday, February 04, 2009

I should have known it was not a good idea...

So today was the day to get Bolton's teeth cleaned at the vet and what a fiasco it was. IT started out at 7:30 when I got home from the gym, the cat treats that are usually in a basket were opened in the middle of the floor. I have no idea how it got there but I'm suspecting that it was baby girl. I then started to think, "oh this isn't going to happen" because Bolton could not have any food after 9pm. I tried to call the vet but there was no answer. I decided to take him anyways so i put a collar and leash on him just in case if he was going to jump out of my arms, I would still have control or so I thought. I carry him out and I'm getting into my jeep and he freaks out because he hears a bus that was passing by. He starts scratching me and I lost my grip. I grab the leash and it busts. He bolted out of there and I start freaking out yelling his name. He's gone so I start running. Luckily, he went to the back of the house and I was able to pick him up. So I put him in the back seat and start to drive towards the vet. If you are wondering why I don't crate him, well he doesn't do well in a crate and he usually has diarhea. Halfway to the vet, I smell poop. He @hit in the back seat of my jeep...urgh! I get to the vet and find that they can't do the procedure anyways because of him eating so they let me use one of their crates and I was able to get him in there. They even cleaned up the poop and sprayed my car with some good smelling stuff. I'm second guessing this teeth cleaning thing. I don't know if I can go through this again in 3 weeks. Maybe Bolton is going to have to have tarter build up. Has anyone out there ever heard of a cat getting its teeth cleaned anyways? Heck, I love my cat but stressing him out isn't going to extend his life either. If anyone out there has an opinion, please let me know.

I no longer regret my Keirug purchase. That coffee rocks. We bought some k-cups online and they got here today. That was super fast! I had my first taste of creme brulee and it was marvelous. I'm not a fan of brewing a pot so I'm digging this single cup portions. I just wished they would make it more recycling friendly. Having a cup of joe really makes it better in the morning when you are waking up at 5:15 am.

The workouts are going good. I feel good but of course, I would like more sleep. Last Thursday I felt like I hit a brick wall so hopefully this will not be the case tomorrow. My form is improving on the workouts and the results are good. My arms are really showing some shape. I caught the Biggest Loser last night and I was so disappointed in Joelle. Man, that girl has issues. Carla's heart was so into doing better with her weight. It was too bad that Joelle was not there. Joelle was an interesting gal...for some reason, she reminded me of a preacher. I wonder what she does for a living. The sad thing is that she really talked the talk but she didn't walk the walk. It will be interesting to see them at the grand finale. I hope Carla can comeback somehow. We'll see how that goes. Well, that's it for me tonight, take care all-Kellie

2 comments:

anji said...

Crate the cat and get 'em back there. It sucks, I know... but, if I had the money, I'd have done pugsy's teeth a lot sooner than I did... he lost some to rotting or general tooth breakage which caused several infections, almost killing him... then, my incompetent vet almost killed him by removing the wrong tooth, half-removing another... he had alzehimers and I ended up having his license revolked because of it. The second vet (who cleaned up the mess the other one created) saved his life and... well, just try to keep his teeth cleaned now and again....

Uma needs a good teeth cleaning... I'm really hoping with me working for the short-term, that we can get her in. She needs it very much!

Anonymous said...

Oh my dear!! I'm so sorry that you had such a stressful event with your kitty:-( I have a cat as well and the whole crating and such is always so traumatizing for BOTH of us..ugh!! I love the Keirug, we have one at our office and I have been thinking of getting one for home b/c it is so easy and nice!!