Thursday, July 16, 2020

June 16, 2020

Wow, the last 1.5 weeks have gone by quickly.  I resigned from my job yesterday and I will be moving into a different district.  I'm jumping so that I can work with my old friends and have more staff stability.  At my school we lose between 30-60% of staff every year.  Last fall I had 5 out of my 7 special education providers quit from September - December.  I have a truly wonderful boss, great special education supervisor, and a few close coworkers but it's time for me to move.  I found myself losing some zest and my lead role was more emphasizing macro social work vs micro.  I'm not into putting presentations together.  I enjoy the mechanics of coaching.  Also turning 45 soon, I am needing to think about how the next 20 years will go.  We all know that 20 years go quickly.  For example, look at this blog.  It's origins began in 1999.  Time flies quickly...I was 23 when I started to write, I'm 44 now.  I need to think about retirement and choices.  Time truly evaporates, even during COVID.  My undergrad college has a new FB page about memories and they asked to do side by sides.  22 vs 44 is pretty awesome.  I like where I am at, I like where I am heading.  It may be scary but it will be alright.

The nutritionist has help me through stress eating.  I've been dropping weight nicely and they are helping me through this time of transition.  I am not one to deal well with change.  Wired in anxiety, I'm always headed towards cognitive distortions.  Sometimes that gets exhausting but I'm not turning to food.  

241/226.6/170

No comments: